Organic fabric has been gaining popularity these days. With the many environmental changes happening, people have become more conscious of sustainable measures to save the environment from excessive consumption. Textile businesses have also adapted to manufacturing sustainable wear as customer preferences point that way.
Organic fabric is cloth fiber manufactured with organic raw materials that are later converted to clothing in the fabric stage. The vast differences between the environmental impact of manufacturing with conventional fabric and organic fabric and that of making such a sustainable choice are prominent. Unlike conventional materials, organic fabric can be disposed of, and it won’t be harmful to the environment. It was recorded in 2018 that over 17 million tons of textile waste end up in the landfills, says a study by the environmental protection agency.
Why is Organic Cotton Fabric important?
The importance of organic cotton is eminent as a raw material and the most preferred product in the textile industry and for the consumers. Cotton provides comfort and is ideal for everyday wear. More importantly, organic cotton can be grown without the use of synthetic chemicals to keep pests and insects away.
- Sustainability: The process of growing organic cotton is chemical-free, and it prevents contamination of the environment and natural resources. Environmental benefits of organic cotton are significant as it reduces groundwater contamination and soil pollution compared to conventional cotton.
- Soft and Durable clothing: In addition to sustainability, organic cotton creates softer and long-lasting clothing. Clothing manufactured with organic cotton fabric is more comfortable and especially suitable for people with sensitive skin.
- Perfect alternative: Synthetics like nylon, and polyester, can be uncomfortable during summers because of their less absorbent capacity. Such synthetics may not absorb body sweats. Organic fabric is always made of breathable materials.
- Energy consumption: Manufacturing organic fabric materials such as cotton requires less energy than conventional cotton. Less energy consumption poses a lesser threat to the environment by reducing the carbon footprint.
Why You Should Be Wearing Organic Cotton Fabric
Some of the essential reasons why you should be wearing organic cotton more than anything else are:
- Organic fabric does less harm to the environment. Such products are manufactured by utilizing naturally available materials.
- Since organic fabric consists of lesser chemicals, there’s no need to worry about the damage to skin and health.
- Organic fabric is especially safe for babies as it is suitable for even sensitive skin.
- Organic fabric is more durable, and hence, there are fewer chances of fading or ruin while washing or drying.
About Products With Organic Cotton Fabric
Choosing products manufactured with organic cotton is not a choice but a necessity. The uses of organic cotton are paramount in terms of eco-friendly, hypoallergenic, and an ethical way of consumption. The fashion and textile industry is the most damaging to the environment, should constantly search for better innovation, and should be visionary in manufacturing with the use of sustainable raw materials.
Proponents of organic cotton argue that it is a more sustainable choice than conventional cotton. Organic cotton production uses far less water than conventional methods, and it does not pollute the soil or water with harmful chemicals. Additionally, organic cotton farming supports biodiversity by providing habitat for beneficial insects and other wildlife. For these reasons, many eco-conscious consumers choose to purchase clothes made up of organic cotton.
Bocan Cotton Edition
Traditional cotton crops are often heavily sprayed with pesticides, which can be harmful to both the environment and the people who work in the fields. In contrast, organic cotton is grown using sustainable practices that protect both the earth and its inhabitants. As a result, organic cotton has become an increasingly popular choice for clothing, towels, and bedding. Not only is it better for the environment, but it is also softer and more gentle on the skin.
Many people choose to buy clothes made from organic cotton in order to avoid exposure to potentially harmful substances. Bocan offers certified organic cotton with made-to-measure options for its trusted customers. Check out Bocan collections for a whole range of collections for sustainable wear under each section. Ladies can check out the trimmed poplin sleeveless dress that is both elegant and comfy for women looking for stylish, sustainable wear.